XYMer's Home away from Home

When http://bbs.xlr8yourmac.com is down (i.e. always)
Privacy Policy
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:37 pm 

I have a iPad , 3rd Gen/IOS 9.3.5 and an iMac computer, OSX 10.12.3. I use the iPad primarily for music, reading and the news and books. I purchase reading material to be read on iBooks. I purchase books through iTunes, free Library Sites and Hub Bub via the iPad. Is there a way where I can sync both the iMac and iPad Libraries, so they have the same books on each device similar to syncing the two devices with the same music?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:14 am 

Does this site help?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:59 am 

This site is very informative and helpful. This is really the first time I have issued a problem regarding iBooks between an IOS and Mac devices

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:55 pm 

Blazer88 wrote:
This site is very informative and helpful. This is really the first time I have issued a problem regarding iBooks between an IOS and Mac devices

Blazer88 Hi. I wasn't actually asking if this site 'XYmer' was helpful but rather asking you if 'this site' (it is a link) is helpful to you in solving your issue. Sorry for not being more clear...and the link is a bit hard to notice. Hope my link helps! :)

BTW, I do find this site (XYmer) very helpful.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:31 pm 

Hi db5owat,

If you were talking about the link 'Intel based Macs', this i the first time I have used it. Truthfully, I do not even know if my query actually falls under the Intel Macs subject matter. I know that if I sent my query to the incorrect Group, a consultant would inform which group to send it to or that Consultant would assist me as far as he/she felt comfortable. All the Consultants are very knowledgeable and offer aid when needed.

If this is not, what you mean, I am sorry. :|

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:00 pm 

He posted a link to a website. If you hover over the words "this site" in his first reply you will see the following URL shows up:
https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-sync- ... s-devices/

At that point if you click on it you'll be taken to the other site. You can either click on his link or the link I just posted, they go to the same place.

I have nothing else useful to add to this discussion unfortunately, I don't use iBooks, and haven't had the chance to help someone (in person, face to face) who does before.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:52 pm 

db5owat,

Sorry db5owat, I must not of read your first post correctly and I apologize. Monkeyboy pointed out my error and I have printed the document to see if it will help me. If you do not mind, I will post again if I still encounter problems or have questions.

Monkeyboy,

Thank you for pointing out my error. I simply overlooked the link db5owat provided

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:23 am 

Blazer88 wrote:
db5owat,

Sorry db5owat, I must not of read your first post correctly and I apologize. Monkeyboy pointed out my error and I have printed the document to see if it will help me. If you do not mind, I will post again if I still encounter problems or have questions.

Monkeyboy,

Thank you for pointing out my error. I simply overlooked the link db5owat provided

Certainly no apology necessary Blazer88. I'm sorry my post wasn't more clear. I hope the link provides a solution to your issue. If it doesn't, by all means post back again. There are many helpful, friendly folks here who might have a solution.
@Monkeyboy, thanks for lending a clarifying hand :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:24 am 

Web browsers used to let you customize what color links were given, but for the most part they've settled on dark blue, which is sometimes hard to discern from black (esp. at a glance). I remember making them a mid/dark orange so they really stood out, though right now somewhere in the world a "UX engineer" just woke up screaming in terror at the thought. My God, the aesthetics! The aesthetics! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:28 am 

db5owat,
Thanks again for getting back to me. Re: Clarity, I know my issue was not described very clearly. What I was trying to get at was,I was wondering if iBooks would display purchased books in its Library, the way iTunes displays music. For instance, if you added a music selection in iTunes (on the computer), it would show up in iTunes/ Music on my iPadwhen you sync the two devices. Would that happen to iBooks.

Right now the books on the iPad do not match what the iMac iBooks versionshows in its library. I think the document you provided outlines steps (settings on the iPad and Preferences on the iMac) that might set that up.

As I reread what I just typed, it still sounds confusing but I hope you might know what I am talking about. I will be away from my residence for two weeks so I will not be able to configure the iMac until I return.

Thanks again, Blazer88