XYMer's Home away from Home

When http://bbs.xlr8yourmac.com is down (i.e. always)
Privacy Policy
It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: BootCamp, sorta!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:27 pm 

If you download the Windows 10 iso there are at least a couple methods to convert it into a bootable USB drive. I swear I used a tool other than unetbootin before but I can't find it.

There's also these instructions which mentions if booting off EFI fails you may need to run sudo nvram InstallWindowsUEFI=1 from Terminal. You should be able to do this from the recovery partition's terminal, and not need to mess with SIP.

Me, I usually use a tool called Rufus on Windows that's similar to unetbootin except its a little more friendly. Includes built-in FreeDOS image for the occasional BIOS/firmware update.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:14 pm 

Hmmm, still puzzling why if worked before but not now... MAYBE that line "Note the InstallWindowsUEFI variable is cleared at each reboot" is the why. I wish I could remember exactly HOW I made the bootable thumb in the first place. Oh, I tried a pRAM clear, that did notnhing to deal with the issue. As it is, I did get the latest iso from M$, so it MIGHT be an idea to to make another bootable... the dates on the stuff in the first iso I have are late 2017, the recent one are about April 2019. I SHOULD try the parameter thing first, just to answer that question.

Crikey...so I decide to go the Unetbootin way. I d/l a dmg, there is an installer on it...I run it, I get 3-4 sells to buy some utility stuff, finally it saw it's installed. THEN I see the button I clicked on THEIR actually downloaded 2 files, a dmg and a zip. Both are in my downloads folder. AND in my Applications, I have a dmg named like the zip file, INSIDE that is what appears to be an application. My guess is that the first dmg's "Install" put the application dmg in Applications.

<rant> I USED to spend shit tons of time dealing with all this... somehow I got sucked in again! BUT my working win10 DID blow itself up... so it kinda HAD to get re-done. Atg least I learned a binch about NVMe & bootroms along the way. </rant>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:27 pm 
Benevolent Dictator

I take it you've seen this?

Create Windows 10 bootable USB from ISO on Mac without BootCamp...

https://www.top-password.com/blog/creat ... so-on-mac/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:45 pm 

Ah-yup, MB posted that page in his response to me. He also linked to another article that had a bunch of extra stuff like installing the BootCamp stuff ONTO the install bootable... which the other methods never seem to do. He mentions needing a sudo command to set a NVRAM variable if it does not boot from the EFI Boot, but I just tried THAT and Terminal complained, so I did a picture for my tablet so I can be damn sure I typed it in correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:56 pm 

If you're running 10.11 or later you have to deal with SIP. I honestly don't know why SIP would get in the way of setting nvram variables but I don't entirely grasp why SIP blocks half the things it blocks so it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

I wish I could find the utility I used before, it was certainly a lot less funky than unetbootin, which I avoided specifically because it works as well as the usual open source utility (works, but stuck with a GUI only its creator loves).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:21 pm 

Especially considering as I HAVE gotten what I THINK was a windows boot in the past 2-3 weeks! I too thought doing terminal avoided SIP, but once I made damn sure I typed it correctly I still got a "command not found." I suppose I could try disabling SIP, seeing if I can set that variable. Tried this, nowhere do I see any mention of this variable and shouldn't I see it?:

nvram -p
bluetoothInternalControllerInfo %15%82%ac%05%00%00%11Zx%ca9%cd%06%dc
fmm-computer-name Paul%e2%80%99s Mac Pro
prev-lang:kbd en:0
nvda_drv 1
SystemAudioVolumeDB %00
bluetoothActiveControllerInfo %15%82%ac%05%00%00%00%00%11Zx%ca9%cd%06%dc
SystemAudioVolume @
efi-boot-device-data %02%01%0c%00%d0A%03%0a%00%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%00%01%01%01%06%00%00%00%01%01%06%00%00%04%01%01%06%00%00%00%03%12%0a%00%03%00%00%00%00%00%04%01*%00%03%00%00%00%08`4:%00%00%00%00%00%00%04%00%00%00%00%00%85%da%93EF%04IG%8d(%16%15%8fn%8a%91%02%02%7f%ff%04%00
LocationServicesEnabled %01
efi-boot-device <array><dict><key>IOMatch</key><dict><key>IOProviderClass</key><string>IOMedia</string><key>IOPropertyMatch</key><dict><key>UUID</key><string>4593DA85-0446-4749-8D28-16158F6E8A91</string></dict></dict><key>BLLastBSDName</key><string>disk7s3</string></dict></array>%00
EFIBluetoothDelay %b8%0b

He DOES say "This has been observed on the late-2014 Mac Mini but may affect other models as well." I did earlier reset PRAM/NVRAM. I'm not sure of the win10 iso is SUPPOSED to create a bootable DVD, but I SEE the disc in the boot manager, no freezing, big icon of a CD and below EFI Boot. Selected it and Mac drive started. Tried a reboot holding the C key, still Mac drive. DVD not bootable.

It's LOOKING like I may not be able to get it installed. One more crack disabling SIP and it that don't work... I'm learning the abacus!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:51 pm 

Done for the night, shoot myself in the morning. Disabled SIP, had to reboot. Check status, disabled, tried the nvram setting, whoa, no "command not found," just a password prompt. Whipped that out, oh boy, reboot. No change, my formerly bootable thumb essentially freezes the boot manager. Making ANOTHER bootable thumb seems really stretching it. Unbelievable.

Suppose I could try calling the fruit... they seem to not pay attention of the applecare tech support thing, they have been helpful. BUT this is most likely a tier 2 maybe 3 thing... OR I could scrap this box and get a winblowz gaming box.

REALLY appreciate the help MB... sorry I can't seem to make it happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:01 pm 

I would try recreating the media, if you don't remember how you did it last time it's possible something went awry in its creation process that got exacerbated during your first boot.

I found Terminal-based instructions for creating the media but oddly none of them feel quite right to me. Some are creating the USB drive as MBR, which shouldn't work on a Mac (should be GPT/GUID), others are setting GPT but using file copies, yet more set the drive as ExFAT when I know it needs to be either NTFS or FAT32. I could combine the combination of instructions into something I think should work but as I'm still trying to locate a DVI display in the new building (they're apparently all at the old building) it'd be a shot in the dark.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:07 am 

Oh boy, same exact thing I found... MBR kinda sorta makes sense in that it is supposed to allow winblowz to boot from that drive. Pretty sure FAT32 is the right choice, I believe the winblowz installer WILL convert it to NTFS. My "booted once" thumb IS Master Boot Record. I d have unetbootin, so I could give that a whirl.

Believe me I have done a lot of reading up... MANY MANY seem to have issues. A LOT of the time I read folks having issues where I saw none, so sometimes I look at such complaints with a somewhat jaundiced eye. NOW I seem to be caught up in it!

While I THINK the 2 firmware updates I have not done primarily address NVMe support along with APFS, they may have some level of impact on EFI. I DO know that I paid a bunch extra to get my 980 flashed by macvidcards because I REALLY wanted that boot screen (and boy has that been useful!) AND I recall a post Tia made over in WoW about that flashing also had something to do with EFI BECAUSE even without drivers, my 980 does create a functioning display even without drivers (it can have graphic artifacts, but you CAN see stuff) whereas a stick card would not display anything other than pure black.

I DID dig up a few CDs with win7 (32 & 64)... that I HAD used to create my original bootcamp... THAT I "auto upgraded" to win10 when they had that free upgrade offer. I DO have a working activation crack for it. I HAVE heard rumors M$% MAY reactivate that free upgrade... BUT I also have the latest iso from M$ with 10 on it. I THiNK I can boot into 7, then update it to 10 using the DVD I do have with the iso on it. Something tells me the activation gets lost in this process, but wtf... I WAS thinking about buying one of those OEM licenses, but that is also a will and wooly world... seems some folks end up with retail, OEM or volume keys (volume being the worst). Guys claim to have bought working keys from 3 bucks to 35ish (kinguin with the extra "protection"). I DO have a link to some reasonable sounding steps to suppress the nags (the one that concerns me is something covering up the whole bottom right hand corner).

BUT I get ahead if myself...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:20 am 

Soooo, I did have to fuss with Unetbootin to get it to do it's thing (their open dlog defaulted to the root, only when I put the .iso there did it recognize it). This newly made one did the same thing, froze the machine in the boot picker. Gotta run down why THAT is happening... before I hit my fallback.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:49 pm 

MBR is default for BIOS-based systems. EFI/UEFI based systems (normally) need GPT.

Did you try removing all other drives except for your target drive?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:43 pm 

Hmmm, did not know that. Unetbootin didn't change it... remove other drives? When you previously mentioned that, I took it that was to prevent aiming the install at the wrong drive... besides, my boot is a PCI card array, think I should take that out as well? Hard to believe this is the issue...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:39 am 

Hmmm, things just got a lot more curious... - kinda realized your suggestion of removing anything else that can boot was meant to FORCE the machine to boot from the thumb. So I dug up my win7 disc... used BCA, told it to install on my drive, it asked about accessing StartUp preferences, I said cool, the DVD was in the drive, so the machine rebooted. RIGHT into the win7 installer. Cancelled that, it rebooted, help option saw in the boot picker a EFI Boot and a Windows, both displaying a disc icon. Tried the ERFO Boot item, same thing as before, cursor froze... BUT on top of that screen, I some some dos text saying something along the lines of holding down any key to boot from the CD/DVD! Which it did. Then tried using that Windows item in boot picker, yup it booted off the optical. Back to macOS and that DVD DOES show up in the startup preferences. SOMEHOW macOS see that as a bootable disc. BUT not the same for the win10 iso I had previously burned. Hmmmm.

Guess I need to go back to m$ and read more carefully... I know they had instructions for using some of their software to create an install DVD... this was the option if you did NOT have their Media Creation Tool... so I assumed THIS iso WAS bootable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:16 pm 

Attachment:
BangHeadBig.gif
BangHeadBig.gif [ 247.48 KiB | Viewed 1331 times ]

I'm about ready to toss this hunk of metal to the sidewalk 10 stories below and get me a decent winblowz gaming rig! The more read, the more confused I get because everyone has a totally different solution, including the guys who said it just worked fine for them. "Oh I just ran bootcamp and it installed 10 on my 5,1."

When they say win10 is not supported, that means they do everything they can to make SURE YOU CAN'T USE IT<LOL>!

So I decided to screw it and at least get 7 installed. Forgot to note the disk number from the first list of drives, even though it's 0 on the Mac side, it's something else here. Back to the Mac side, ah-ha, it DID convert the drive to NTFS... but "untitled" did not appear on the setup.exe side. Can not edit the titles, so had to go back to DU... <snip many steps> FINALLY I select what SHOULD be my SSD, boom error 0x80300024, can not install. Goolge THAT shit, oh, it's a common occurrence... they say to remove other drives!

AND I DO remember installing the fruity bootcamp stuff was kinda automatic... how the frak can that happen as my official startup is the CD/DVD? Pretty sure that after the install, the bootcamp drive is the startup...

Going to take a LONG walk on a very short pier...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:52 pm 

If Apple built the Windows 7 DVD you're installing from, it will automatically install all the Boot camp software for you as part of the installation. The problem is that they don't have similar functionality for newer OSes, so you have to build it yourself and install the software yourself after installation.

The reason you pull all the other disks out of the system is to avoid making things complicated during your install. It really won't give a rats ass about the other disks once its installed, at least for Windows 10 (XP was finicky about drive numbers changing, succeeding releases have been less finicky), which is why you can put them back in later.

Personally I would try to sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/disk# where # is the disk you're intending to install Windows on, then control c after 30 seconds or so. This ensures your partition map is wiped so you have to partition it all from within Windows which is the safest and best option. Even if you're not familiar with that environment, if you have a phone or tablet or another computer available Google will return oodles of results for questions you have along the way. I remember a lot of this stuff but I usually end up going "er, uh, how do I..." during an install.

Windows 7 will require you to be running in BIOS mode which, to my knowledge, you can only get by using Boot Camp to partition your disk, which installs a hidden EFI-CSM partition that's a BIOS emulator. Windows 8 & later can run in EFI mode and avoid CSM altogether (it supports running in CSM mode, so if you can trick Boot Camp into building the media and partitioning the disk it will work).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 pm 

MonkeyBoy wrote:
If Apple built the Windows 7 DVD you're installing from, it will automatically install all the Boot camp software for you as part of the installation. The problem is that they don't have similar functionality for newer OSes, so you have to build it yourself and install the software yourself after installation.

The reason you pull all the other disks out of the system is to avoid making things complicated during your install. It really won't give a rats ass about the other disks once its installed, at least for Windows 10 (XP was finicky about drive numbers changing, succeeding releases have been less finicky), which is why you can put them back in later.

Personally I would try to sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/disk# where # is the disk you're intending to install Windows on, then control c after 30 seconds or so. This ensures your partition map is wiped so you have to partition it all from within Windows which is the safest and best option. Even if you're not familiar with that environment, if you have a phone or tablet or another computer available Google will return oodles of results for questions you have along the way. I remember a lot of this stuff but I usually end up going "er, uh, how do I..." during an install.

Windows 7 will require you to be running in BIOS mode which, to my knowledge, you can only get by using Boot Camp to partition your disk, which installs a hidden EFI-CSM partition that's a BIOS emulator. Windows 8 & later can run in EFI mode and avoid CSM altogether (it supports running in CSM mode, so if you can trick Boot Camp into building the media and partitioning the disk it will work).

The EFI version of Windows 7 shouldn't require BIOS. I've installed Windows 7 on EFI systems for years. Windows 7 only requires BIOS for startup and install if the installer media is not EFI compliant. If the USB flash drive is formatted as NTFS using the GPT option, it will boot from the installer stick on pure EFI systems, no Boot Camp trickery needed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:04 am 

Oy, my head is spinning!

My target drive (SATA SSD) is now NTFS with MBR for a partition scheme (it got that way when I used BC to try and install 7). The win10 supposedly bootable installer (HOW I made it is on since failed memory engrams) is FAT32 with MBR. I have a second win10 supposedly bootable thumb drive made with Unetbootin, it too is FAT32 with MBR.

The win10 DVD I have was acquired from M$ via burning a downloaded iso to disc. Notable is the iso is 4.9GB, had to get and use a dua layer blank to burn it. The win7 disc I have was acquired long ago from a torrent site. I KNOW that it is good to install because I HAVE done it (via bootcamp and with partitioning the startup drive). Never heard of Bootcamp building any DVD to install winbowz! I still don't get the "automatically install" because after BC gets the format right, it seems to launch INTO some subversion if win7 to install it... and IF memory serves, following that, the machine IS booted into the win7 that was just installed.

I BROUGHT 7 into the picture ONLY because I can't seem to get those "bootable win10" installers to, you know, BOOT the machine (theory being install 7, then us T to upgrade to 10). Now tnhis interests me:

"If the USB flash drive is formatted as NTFS using the GPT option, it will boot from the installer stick on pure EFI systems, no Boot Camp trickery needed."

Do I have a "pure EFI" system? Pretty sure I have to look elsewhere to find anything that can format NTFS/GPT... I'll look for that now. THIS may explain why I was having issues with it booting (even though I DID get it to boot ONCE).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:35 am 

If you have a Windows computer available to you, copy your Win7 ISO onto it and then use Rufus to create the installer. It may take a few attempts but it should take once and for all. The pic here shows how my Win 7 flash drive appears in Disk Utiliy. You can alternatively use the steps found here to create your Windows 7 USB installer.

If you don't use a utility to remove the ei.cfg file, you can manually delete it from the USB drive. It's in the Sources directory. Deleting it will allow the installation of any Windows product key, which will then activate the appropriate feature sets at the OS level like Windows 8 and 10 do. No need to choose what to install, just put in the product key and Windows knows.

Attachment:
Windows 7 USB Installer in Disk Utility.jpg
Windows 7 USB Installer in Disk Utility.jpg [ 70.79 KiB | Viewed 1322 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:06 pm 

Tia, the whole thing about win7 is a plan b (install 7, then have it upgrade to 10) when I found my win10 bootable wouldn't... boot. The win7DVD I have is itself bootable (on m 5,1)... in the boot picker, it shows as 2 icons, EFI Boot (freezes the machine) and "Windows (both of which have an optical disc icon)," which does boot the machine into the installer. I WAS getting an odd error message FROM the installer which I listed below (which can happen when there are too many discs to deal with!). "FINALLY I select what SHOULD be my SSD, boom error 0x80300024, can not install."

I looked into NTFS... 2 commercial applications and some seriously kludgy stuff. Both have 10 day trials. Wrote the better reviewed one about doing GPT as you suggested. None of the 2 ways I made that bootable win10 seemed to do anything to what the thumb drive had already been formatted to. You did say I needed that to make the USB bootable on a "pure EFI system."

I still have no clue what an EFI version of 7 is, or how it can be obtained, OR if I have a "pure EFI system."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:00 pm 

I have a funny feeling EFI boot is your internal hard drive which is why I recommended wiping the partition map.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:50 pm 

Ah, a new wrinkle! I'm trying like hell to bone up one some of this stuff, I'm kinda going through the guy who does rEFInd's site, looking for any insight I can find. Did manage to realize GPT and GUID are actually the same thing. I never should have brought up my win7 plan b because I think some of the advice is to that end and not getting the win10 installer running. Here is my collecton:

Code:
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk0
   1:               Windows_NTFS                         500.1 GB   disk0s1

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk1
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Clone                   999.3 GB   disk1s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk1s3

/dev/disk2 (internal, physical):
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk2
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk2s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Spare                   999.9 GB   disk2s2

/dev/disk3 (internal, physical):
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0 TB     disk3
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk3s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS TimeMachine             2.0 TB     disk3s2

/dev/disk4 (external, physical):
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk4
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk4s1
   2:                 Apple_RAID                         499.8 GB   disk4s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Boot OSX                134.2 MB   disk4s3

/dev/disk5 (external, physical):
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk5
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk5s1
   2:                 Apple_RAID                         499.8 GB   disk5s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Boot OSX                134.2 MB   disk5s3

/dev/disk6 (external, virtual):
   0:                  Apple_HFS Yossarian              +999.5 GB   disk6

I assume your sudo dd will make it "unititilized" to the OS, no partition, no partition scheme, no file system. WTF I got 2 copies of my shit, here we go.

In my best Khan voice: "it tasks me, it tasks me."

dd: /dev/disk0: Resource busy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:43 pm 

If it helps, I managed to cajole a department into loaning me a DVI monitor today, so I finally have all the pieces I need to build get the 5,1 Mac Pro under my desk working. Of course I'm not setting it up for them with Windows but before I do their setup I can run some tests.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:57 pm 

I DO appreciate it! Have my eyes on another MMORPG that has a not so hot mac version... so I want to play the pc one (maybe)! PLUS I think I gotta start getting familiar with 10. But all in good time...

Oh, that "resource busy" thing. If I dismount that drive, can I still run the DD... something tells me from the command line you CAN do such things?

I was worried about "running the BC parts manually," but looking at the files, think I just have to run /BootCamp/setup.exe from the thumb drive with the BC things on it, many drivers seem to be in that folder.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:12 pm 

I take it /dev/disk0 is the borked Windows drive that you're trying to get new stuff on? If you want to nuke its partitions, you can do that easily from within OS X. With only your boot drive and the Windows drive in the system internally, select the top level of the drive you want to nuke. You want to select the name in the list that is the actual drive, not any volume names. You'll see an example in the screenshot in this post. With that entry highlighted, click Erase, and then select the MS-DOS (FAT) and GUID Partition Map options from the pulldown menus. This will nuke the partitions and make the drive blank.

You don't want to use dd for this purpose when there is Disk Utility. DU may suck hardcore past Yosemite, but it is still able to wipe a drive. The main point here is to wipe the drive as FAT32 (MS-DOS (FAT) option) so the Windows installer will see it properly and go on its merry way. You can reformat the drive to NTFS from within the Windows installer using the steps found here. The reason you formatted the drive as FAT32 first as because a) OS X can't write to NTFS without using its experimental and corruption prone write capability (it's disabled by default in every OS X version that it's in) and b) so the Windows 7 installer will recognize the drive partition map properly and allow you to then manipulate it. It hangs up on screwed up drives, so wiping the drive first and then going into the installer and using the advanced disk options ensures you can proceed normally.

As long as your bootable installer is a full version and not an "upgrade" version, this will work properly in one go. Just remember that Windows 7 will not format as GUID until the drive shows as a single unallocated block as shown in the article I linked.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:53 am 

I'm still kinda hung up on getting 10 installed. Going 7 was ONLY if I could not get 10 installed directly. When I tried going to 7, the error it tossed SEEMED to be laid on having way too many disks with bootable OSes mounted (not that many, my array on the PCI bus, one clone drive and a recovery partition). FWIW, after that failed attempt, the target drive looked like this:

Code:
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk0
   1:               Windows_NTFS                         500.1 GB   disk0s1

After I followed what you suggested, looks like thus:

Code:
/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk1
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1
   2:       Microsoft Basic Data UNTITLED                499.9 GB   disk1s2

Hmmm, I AM noticing one thing that MAY be an issue. I got an ISO for win10 from M$, then burned it to disc (had to buy a few DL blanks as it was a bit bigger than a SL will hold). I NOW I ONCE got it to load it's setup. BUT take a look at it:

[code=]/dev/disk4 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: Apple_partition_scheme *4.9 GB disk4
1: Apple_partition_map 32.3 KB disk4s1
2: Apple_HFS CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9 4.9 GB disk4s2[/code]

The USB bootable installer I made with unetbootin is:

Code:
/dev/disk8 (external, physical):
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *8.0 GB     disk8
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk8s1
   2:       Microsoft Basic Data WIN10                   7.8 GB     disk8s2

Another bootable installer made via fogotten mans is:

Code:
/dev/disk8 (external, physical):
   0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *16.0 GB    disk8
   1:                 DOS_FAT_32 WINDOWS10               16.0 GB    disk8s1

AND to round it out, this is my win7 disc (that DOES boot the machine, AND shows up in StartUp Disk as a bootable drive)):

Code:
/dev/disk4 (internal, physical):
   0:                            GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD     *3.2 GB     disk4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next