XYMer's Home away from Home

When http://bbs.xlr8yourmac.com is down (i.e. always)
Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:36 pm 
he who stacks pork

My ex started a new 100% remote job, and needed a new laptop so naturally friend or foe I always recommend Apple products to anyone who asks for recommendations. She settled on a new Retina 13" MacBook (Mojave of course) and loves it. However, her boss is recommending she install WebRoot onto it. Seeing as a handful of us have had checkered pasts :fishsmack: :lol: a couple decades ago in regard to the sort of data we let through our Mac’s dataholes, yet have never had issues, I obviously don’t think it makes sense (most anti-malware software seems to be performance-sapping bloatware), and I haven’t used any antivirus software since Norton Antivirus from the early 1990s.

If anyone can chime in with any personal experience or professional advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Now, back to downloading of questionable content. :lol: It’s a joke of course! :p_dog:

-he who stacks pork

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:15 pm 

I'd opt for Malwarebytes since it does web filtering, which is most of the attack surface for Macs, and if the real-time scanning runs fine on an HD it'll be blazing on an SSD.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:43 pm 
he who stacks pork

MonkeyBoy wrote:
I'd opt for Malwarebytes since it does web filtering, which is most of the attack surface for Macs, and if the real-time scanning runs fine on an HD it'll be blazing on an SSD.

Thank you sir, I will pass this information along.

-he who stacks pork