XYMer's Home away from Home

When http://bbs.xlr8yourmac.com is down (i.e. always)
Privacy Policy
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:03 pm 

I have created a file in IOS (IOS 11.2.6) Notes that I would like to use in MacOS(MacOS 10.23.3) Notes. Presently the only way to view the file is to set my IOS device next to to my iMac and manually type in the information that I need. Is there some setting I missed populating that would sync Notes on both devices, similar to making changes to my Music Library in iTunes? :confused: HELP Option on MacOS Notes does not seem to Help. :coffee:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:12 pm 

The notes work across devices if you're logged into the same iCloud account on both devices.

Make sure the Notes app has a check next to it in the iCloud preference pane on your iMac. On your iOS device make sure the slider is set next to the Notes App under iCloud settings.

I can post images if that helps.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:08 pm 

Richard,

Thank you for replying. I have checked iCloud in the iMac Prefs. and NOTES is checked. On my iPad, I checked iCloud settings and NOTES is enabled, green on the slider.

FYI
Presently there. is 1 Family Photo listed under iCloud, NOTES on the iMac and the same photo is listed under FOLDER->ICLOUD->NOTES (1) on my iPad. The file that is not listed on the iMac is listed under FOLDER->ON MY IPAD->NOTES (1) on the iPad.

I am not sure if the FYI info helps in any way. Neither files were named. I just created a document and dusted added/deleted info on them as I needed.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:54 am 

That sounds right.

On my set up it works like this, everything is logged into the same iCloud account of course:

The iMac's Notes App shows my iCloud ID at the top of 'show folders' pane, under that it has Notes (which is selected) and Recently Deleted. Below that is my local CableOne's notes (which I never use).

On my iPhone when I click on "<" from the Notes view with notes listed I get a similar 'Folders' screen to the pane on the iMac. However! On the iOS devices it lists 'iCloud' and not my iCloud ID, then under that Notes and Recently Deleted lastly.

I believe there are ways to create local notes that are NOT synced, probably by creating a new folder or something. I haven't played with that, but that would separate your devices. Also, I'm not aware how to copy a note from one of those folders to iCloud but it can't be too difficult.