XYMer's Home away from Home

When http://bbs.xlr8yourmac.com is down (i.e. always)
Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:01 am 

So Apple sneaks tracking spyware into your phone when you update IOS. I believe the excuse has something to do with COVID 19. Does anyone know how to avoid this 1984 disease.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:36 am 
Benevolent Dictator

Many have accused it of tracking, others insist it's just a proximity alert.
Quote:
Good morning everyone,
I installed our authorized Covid19 app IMMUNI yesterday (now it is working on the whole Italian territory). No personal info is required, except the Province where you live in AND Bluetooth enabled. I will report my first impressions in 4-5 days.
For those interested, in the app developer page, I found this series of FAQs in English, where it is illustrated how it works.
Here is the link:-> https://www.immuni.italia.it/faq.html
Obviously the accuracy of the data will be greater if it is downloaded by many people (many of whom are a little wary, but without any valid reasons). I will keep you informed.
Have a nice weekend.
Giulio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:45 pm 

You could always vote out the government who put this in place in the upcoming election.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:59 pm 

The phone already has all our personal information we don’t need to enter it again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:04 pm 

MonkeyBoy wrote:
You could always vote out the government who put this in place in the upcoming election.

This doesn’t come from a Government order. This is Apple and Google teaming up all on their own to collect and hand over our Life to the Government. Do you remember the 1884 Apple Ad well here it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:21 pm 

1884 Apple ad? I can't remember back that far, That must of
been when Sir Issac Newton was in charge of Apple inc. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:11 am 

Terry wrote:
So Apple sneaks tracking spyware into your phone when you update IOS. I believe the excuse has something to do with COVID 19. Does anyone know how to avoid this 1984 disease.

What! I thought they used the camera LOL-

But yes apparently on the iOS 13.4 or 13.5 (I forgot), there was something about if it sees you in a public area without a face mask trying to use FACE ID, it reports it to health officials. The update even mentioned something about COVID-19.......

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:11 pm 

Terry wrote:
This doesn’t come from a Government order. This is Apple and Google teaming up all on their own to collect and hand over our Life to the Government. Do you remember the 1884 Apple Ad well here it is.
Except of they don't have to accept it, much less act on it. If they do either then they're just as involved as the companies.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:01 am 

MonkeyBoy wrote:
Terry wrote:
Except of they don't have to accept it, much less act on it. If they do either then they're just as involved as the companies.

If it is Google too, then it does make sense why all the kids at schools tape their cameras, even the teachers! :bonk:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:55 am 
Benevolent Dictator

When Macs started coming with Cameras I put tape over the Camera before even pulling out of the box.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:07 am 

BDAqua wrote:
When Macs started coming with Cameras I put tape over the Camera before even pulling out of the box.

:lol: I think the first Mac that came with a camera was the iMac G5 white Intel.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:55 pm 

I just tell everyone in my videoconferences that my camera is broken. Nobody seems to care. When I'm talking to outside vendors most of them have their cameras off too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:01 pm 

MonkeyBoy wrote:
I just tell everyone in my videoconferences that my camera is broken. Nobody seems to care. When I'm talking to outside vendors most of them have their cameras off too.

I’ve only used my MacBook camera for Zoom meetings. If I FaceTime, I do it on my phone, though it has its risks too.....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:14 pm 
he who stacks pork

I’m enjoying the popcorn. Please proceed.

-he who stacks pork

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:31 pm 
Benevolent Dictator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:55 pm 

Man FaceTime kinda saved m,y ass recently... was in the hospital for almost a month last fall, I depended on my sister visiting me every if not every other day... and bringing me delicious soups from our favorite market. Fast forward to a recent major surgery I had at a time where both the state and the hospital did not allow ANY visitors, no matter what. I FaceTimes once or twice every day, which kept me vaguely sane (not to forget I had a few absolutely sterling nurses whom I loved.

I have regular Zoom meetings as a director of my housing co-op... no issues there as one can only connect if allowed by the moderator (usually our managing agent). I've had a couple with more coming of video visits with doctors. Went out and bought a really nice stand for my iPad, it helps greatly!