XYMer's Home away from Home

When http://bbs.xlr8yourmac.com is down (i.e. always)
Privacy Policy
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:24 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Christianreal wrote:
BDAqua wrote:
iFixit or Anon or MB would be a better source for that info. :)

UGHHH- After optical drive replacement, iBook won’t turn on! Ughhhhhh!

That's probably an easy fix: take it apart and put it back together again. Look for anything that's unplugged or out of place. Then take out the battery, unplug the power adapter, hold down the power button for 20-ish seconds, reconnect power and battery, and power back up.

Also, when you're working inside the computers be careful of static electricity. It will damage stuff. Avoid wool and synthetic fibers. Ideally work in a reasonably high humidity environment, and work on either conductive or at least non-plastic surfaces, and try not to move around too much while you're working. Avoid contact with conductive traces and pins on chips. Before you touch the insides of the computer, touch something that's conductive and grounded (like a computer or appliance that's plugged in nearby). Static doesn't always kill things immediately, but it certainly can. The little zap you get when you walk across the carpet and touch the door knob is at least 3000V, and a bigger spark can easily top 10,000V. Sure there's not much current, but when the circuits are that tiny it doesn't take much.

- Anonymous

I touched metal to shield myself. It’s been unplugged for days (6 days). I’ll try checking the MacBook. Should I unplug the hard drive cable and then see if it works?

Oh uh.. I was working on carpet, i’m on a poster board on top of the table.

Any thought on the MacBook that won’t turn on?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:36 pm 
Master

I have some parts for an A1150 which shares some components with the A1260, like the left IO board other random bits. I could send you some, but I don't think I have anything that's likely to fix your problem.

The computer won't go to sleep until after it's booted, but in any event you can disconnect the magnetic sensor if you want. I think it's on one of the two plugs that connect to the cable above the hard drive, but I'm not completely certain about that.

There are a couple other things you can try, in no particular order:
* Disconnect the backup battery under the DVD drive. It's a little blue button shaped thing connected through a very small wire that plugs in right next to the USB plug. After disconnecting it and all other power sources, hold down the power button for about 20 seconds, then let it sit for a minute or two before reconnecting the power adapter.
* See if the computer works with the top case removed. Sometimes the trackpad could be a problem. To do so, simply turn the computer on, then unplug the top case and see if it keeps booting.
* Disconnect the ambient light sensor on the left. It's connected by a very tiny ribbon cable that runs over the top of the fan. Gently pull the cable out to release it; to reconnect fold up the little brown locking tab, reinsert the cable, then fold the brown locking tab back down. Don't damage the brown locking tab. It's very tiny and very fragile.

- Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:30 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
I have some parts for an A1150 which shares some components with the A1260, like the left IO board other random bits. I could send you some, but I don't think I have anything that's likely to fix your problem.

The computer won't go to sleep until after it's booted, but in any event you can disconnect the magnetic sensor if you want. I think it's on one of the two plugs that connect to the cable above the hard drive, but I'm not completely certain about that.

There are a couple other things you can try, in no particular order:
* Disconnect the backup battery under the DVD drive. It's a little blue button shaped thing connected through a very small wire that plugs in right next to the USB plug. After disconnecting it and all other power sources, hold down the power button for about 20 seconds, then let it sit for a minute or two before reconnecting the power adapter.
* See if the computer works with the top case removed. Sometimes the trackpad could be a problem. To do so, simply turn the computer on, then unplug the top case and see if it keeps booting.
* Disconnect the ambient light sensor on the left. It's connected by a very tiny ribbon cable that runs over the top of the fan. Gently pull the cable out to release it; to reconnect fold up the little brown locking tab, reinsert the cable, then fold the brown locking tab back down. Don't damage the brown locking tab. It's very tiny and very fragile.

- Anonymous

Thanks Anonymous, I appreciate you help. Thank u for the kind offer, but I am getting another MacBook Pro 06/07/08. I may just use this one for parts. Ill try everything tomorrow, been trying to do the OS X patcher, SFOTT, macOS Extractor, and MacPostFactor, but nothing works, The only one that seems to even being close is the rmc OS x Patcher..

Tysm- Appreciate it a lot!