XYMer's Home away from Home

When http://bbs.xlr8yourmac.com is down (i.e. always)
It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:56 pm 
Benevolent Dictator

http://www.gazetteherald.com/watchs-irr ... le/128063/

For that matter, what the heck is it about?

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:10 pm 

I'm guessing someone copied an article in a foreign language, then pasted it to Google Translate or similar which put the words in English but kept the foreign syntax. :lol:

Quote:
For that matter, what the heck is it about?

That eluded me. :D

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:24 pm 
Benevolent Dictator

But with the author being named Higgens, one would tend to think they understand English… likely you're right tough… google translate has big problems with Krell !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:14 am 

Comes to something when the ads make a lot more sense than the article!

I translated this from "English" to Spanish and then back again :
"An recent heart beat facts page on Apple’s website, first realized by nine to actually 5Mac, said that the appliance “makes a shot to actually calculate your amazing heart beat each 10 no time at all, but will not describe it when you’re moving or perhaps your forearm is increasing.” The blog was at modern right now, and yes it beforehand made little point out that in fact absolutely certain strategies could preclude a serene pulse rate research on."

This is what I got back :

"A page of facts pulse recent heart on the website of Apple, first by nine to reality 5Mac, he said the device "makes a jump shot to actually calculate your incredible heart beat 10 no time for anything, but not describe when you are or perhaps moving the forearm is on the rise. "the blog was modern at this time, and yes beforehand made much sense, in fact, absolutely certain strategies could prevent research on pulse frequency serene."

French:

"A fact recently heartbeat page on Apple's Web site, first realized by nine completely 5Mac, said the device "made a plan to actually calculate your amazing heart beat each 10 no time at all but will not describe it when you are moving or maybe your forearm is on the rise. "the blog was modern at the moment, and yes it has advanced little point that in fact absolutely some strategies may prevent a study of the frequency of calm pulse."

German:

"At the last heartbeat facts page on Apple's website, the first realized by nine to actually 5Mac, said that the unit "makes a shot to actually not charge your amazing heart beat each 10 no time at all, but will describe if you move your forearm or perhaps increasing. "the blog has been on modern right now, and yes, it made previously little evidence that in fact absolutely certain strategies could a calm pulse to prevent research."

Chinese:

Apple's website on a recent heart beating facts page, the first nine realize actual 5Mac said appliance "shoot to make the actual calculation amazing any time your heart beat every 10 to speak of, but does not describe it, when you moving or increasing your forearm. "the blog is in modern times, now, yes, it had failed to achieve any points out, in fact, determine the strategy can be excluded in a quiet pulse rate research.

So there you have it - obviously Klingon :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:02 am 
Benevolent Dictator

Yeah, I forgot how few steps it takes google translate to mess things up, thanks. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:14 am 

Not sure if I got the correct page or not.

I think the Gazette Harald is using an automated summary app. The GH is looking at some news web page. Runs the app to summarize the web page. It posts the results.

This would get around copyright issues I guess.

Quote:

Recent Posts

Privacy app maker files EU antitrust complaint against Google

June 2, 2015

BRUSSELS U.S. tech agency Disconnect has filed a grievance to EU antitrust regulators towards Google’s ban on its privateness app, accusing the Silicon Valley big of abusing its dominant market place. Disconnect, arrange 4 years in the past by former Google engineers, says its app protects customers of the Android working system from invisible monitoring and malware distributed by way […]

Robert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:23 am 
Benevolent Dictator

Robert, it appears they removed it, went through several pages there & find no trace.

But yes,it appears so as you say.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:02 pm 

Now it appears as though the entire site is empty. :confused:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:11 pm 
Benevolent Dictator

Yep, same here, I suspect the site is totally automated & it just said I'm afraid you can't do that Dave!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:20 am 

Since when did the word "privateness" replace "privacy" ??? :o :evil: :evil: :evil: :o

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:04 pm 

I wonder if it was a phishing or similar malicious site that had a bunch of fake content for a "campaign" and now that it's over they've let it lapse.