XYMer's Home away from Home

When http://bbs.xlr8yourmac.com is down (i.e. always)
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:56 pm 

I would like to transfer my iTunes Music Library + Playlists from my MacBook 2,1 laptop (Mac OS X 10.6.8) to an iMac (OS X 10.12.2). I use the MacBook to sync to my iPad. A friend suggested using Home Sharing.

I have one question regarding syncing my iPad to the iMac first. I do not know if anyone has asked a question as bizarre as this. My wife and I both share the iMac and have our own account names, we both have iPads and iPods. At the present time, I am the only person who syncs to an iTunes Music Library and playlists on the MacBook. My wife will soon be building her iTunes Music Library and Playlists. Presently, when I connect my iPad to my MacBook, the MacBook launches iTunes and automatically syncs to the iPad. The question is when an IOS device is connected to an iMac with two accounts, will the iMac know which Account Tunes to launch?

Last edited by Blazer88 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:11 pm 

Blazer88 wrote:
The question is when an IOS device is connected to an iMac with two accounts, will the iMac know which Account Tunes to launch?

The accounts are discrete so I would imagine just as you connected the iPad to the MacBook to sync it, it would be the same when you connect the iPad to the new iMac to add that content.
On the iMac you would be in your account and that would be the account that got synced.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:33 am 

Roam,

Thanks for your reply. I guess it will be a wait and see.

Blazer88