XYMer's Home away from Home

When http://bbs.xlr8yourmac.com is down (i.e. always)
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: AT&T can kiss my dick
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:07 pm 
he who stacks pork

I am on my one year (plus one month) “anniversary”. My monthly bill went up from $48/month to $64/month and the speed/quality/connectivity mysteriously went down shortly after this. Dare I attempt talking on the telephone with these sub-80-IQ dipshits about what is going on, or just cancel my goddamn service?

I was trying to load a Youtube video earlier (Roadkill, it’s quite entertaining), and after ten minutes of timeouts, I just fuckin’ gave up.

Down with these retarded morons. I am running out of patience, and I think I might be better off without giving these idiotic fuckheads my money every month.

I am in California, so my options are limited *ahem* Comcrap *ahem*.

:nothappy:

-he who stacks pork

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:16 pm 
he who stacks pork

Woohoo!!! UPDATE!!! I am now viewing stop-and-go Youtube footage at an average download speed of 120KB/second.

AT&T is the best internet provider in the world!!! Now I just need to allow 1 hour for viewing something that is only 30 minutes in length.

:lol:

assholes

-he who stacks pork

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:23 am 
Benevolent Dictator

https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet ... -p/4722855

Cure?

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Buff ... ion-133536

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:29 pm 

Quote:
AT&T can kiss my dick

That pretty much sums up the entirety of my interactions with AT&T.

You could check and see if any other providers will sell you DSL service, however the telco monopolies have driven most of them out of business by undercutting their prices while providing inferior service.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:24 pm 
Master

Comcast is evil, and I hope the company stumbles head first in to a hopelessly deep pit crawling with thousands of hideously venomous angry centipedes, but in my experience their service is fast and reliable.

- Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:29 pm 
Vice Dictator

Try out dslextreme. They resale AT&T service. They are about half the price and no data caps for dsl internet. Sucks your limited so much. I'm enjoying the new kid in town. Grande internet.

Attachments:
Grande.png [574.74 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:59 am 

If only I lived 40KM further north! ADAMO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:14 pm 

If you want Comcast w/o data limits sign up for a business account. You'll pay an extra $30 to $50/mo but they can't terminate your account for exceeding 250GB/mo for two months in a row or whatever their cap is now (looks like 300GB/mo with 1TB/mo for select areas with a promise to roll it out to more states real soon now).

However they are also an active and willing participant in the nine strikes or whatever weird name the MPAA/RIAA came up for their current enforcement method. They basically flag you for doing naughty things but don't tell you then after enough catches - real or imagined - limit your data rate and don't tell you then terminate your service and won't allow you to sign up again and maybe then might tell you that its because the RIAA/MPAA and their cabal of garage-based internet scanning partners flagged you or someone who might not be you as possibly sharing files that they think might possibly be theirs but they won't actually download it to find out. Kind of like how people back in the Napster days renamed random files Metallica-something-something.mp3 and the RIAA sued them even though the file wasn't by Metallica or an MP3.

So yeah, Comcast is just freakin' wonderful.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:58 pm 

Got notice two weeks ago that Verizon is forcing me off of my working copper wire :x . Letter stated the price for phone per month would not change. No guarantee about the price of data plan. Have DSL.

Gave them a call on their special number. Tried to sell me a $99 per month plan. Had to read from the letter to remind him about Verizon deal. Would not provided contract stating what I was getting. Went through the FCC web site to ask for an explanation from Verizon.

If you submit a complaint about a telecommunications billing or service issue, your complaint is processed by the FCC’s Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division and will be served on your provider, which has 30 days to respond directly to you, copying the FCC on its response.
For more information:
https://www.fcc.gov/news-events/blog/201...
https://www.fcc.gov/complaints

Robert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:05 pm 

I remember AT&T giving a concession of a $15/mo DSL plan as part of their merger with SBC/Ameritech.

A shame Verizon was never forced into a similar concession in all its mega mergers.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:06 pm 

For awhile Verizon was offering $15 a month for as long as DSL was around. I signed up the second time around. This was before Verizon put in Fios in our neighborhood. In the day, it was great at 728k. Upgraded me for free to 1meg. It's OK, for forum postings. Even can watch most utube videos.

Robert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:36 pm 

If you're willing to log into YouTube you can change a setting on your account to always use low bandwidth video formats.

I do it because I'm usually sharing a connection with multiple people who don't use that setting. While they're all off fuming about how the internet connection is "slow" because they can't all play their 1080p videos at once, I never have problems with the occasional video I pull up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:23 am 

MonkeyBoy wrote:
While they're all off fuming about how the internet connection is "slow" because they can't all play their 1080p videos at once, I never have problems with the occasional video I pull up.

sharing moment.

I enjoy 1080p at 50fps for sport but have never got it streamed. Only torrented from post 'live' broadcasts. Bless the seeders. At this particular node on the gonad, it takes about 2.5 hrs to get ~13GB of broadcast. 1080p is great for sport but for drama, it can get away with less.